Getting to the top of the search engine rankings is a key priority for most marketers, and doing so requires a solid SEO content strategy. Investing the time and effort to build this strategy and subsequently ranking for important keywords will have significant long-term benefits for your business, as you attract a stream of relevant potential customers.
Content plays an important part in SEO ranking, and due consideration should be given to building a content plan that will engage and inform your audience appropriately.
SEO Content Strategy Techniques
There are several key points that you should keep in mind when devising your SEO content strategy:
- Content is king – On page SEO will of course play a part in your marketing strategy, but this should always be a secondary concern. Content is still “king” and your main focus should be on writing great, unique articles that your customers love.
- Be the authority – Don’t waste your time writing content that is the same as everyone else in your industry. Strive to stand out from the pack and be seen as the leading authority in your field. This could include writing more in depth articles that cover topics in such a comprehensive way that a user would have no need to go anywhere else.
- Make it shareable – Think about techniques that will make your content more shareable on social media and via other outlets. Social likes and links both contribute to the ranking of webpages, so it pays to make your article stand out. Writing high quality content, but often taking a stance, or being provocative is a more effective way to get people talking about your post.
- Consider user intention – When targeting specific keywords, think about what the user is looking to get from the search results. Serving content that is highly relevant to the search term increases the time a user spends on your page, which in turn improves your ranking.
- Seasonal content – Posting content that targets specific seasons, industry events, or set periods in your trading cycle shows that you’re in tune with the latest developments in your space, and you will often find that it is easier to rank for these key terms as there is less competition.
Building Your Content Calendar
One of the most important factors in achieving success with SEO is having a well-researched, carefully planned content calendar that outlines all the content you intend to publish over the coming months.
This has a number of important benefits, such as:
- Enabling you to plan content to coincide with industry events without having a last minute rush
- Setting clear, unambiguous deadlines for content production to ensure that content is published at a consistent frequency
- Shifts the focus to committing to a long-term schedule rather than looking for short-term results
While creating this calendar undoubtedly requires more effort upfront, it will greatly improve the success of your SEO strategy.
SEO Content by AsOne
Planning ahead for a content calendar can be a challenge, and so many businesses choose to outsource this to a partner with dedicated, expert resource. When the pressures of every day work kick in, writing the weekly blog post is often kicked to the back of the to-do list, harming the progress of the site.
By working with a partner like AsOne you can ensure this never happens, and instead your content is updated regularly, steadily improving the traffic to your site and helping your business to grow.
If you would like more information on how to build an effective SEO content strategy, don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to one of our experts. Contact us.