It has long been known that in SEO “content is king”. While in the past this simply meant writing great articles, producing quality content now has far broader appeal.
While you can try to take shortcuts to speed up your SEO campaigns, ultimately the only sure-fire way to stay at the top of the search engines and at the forefront of your customers’ minds is to consistently produce high-quality, original, relevant content.
For certain seasonal events or times of the year, your content will make or break your campaign. For example, Father’s Day is next month and we’re expecting lots of companies to show off their best deals with a mix of great written, photo and video content.
These types of events can be a great time to show off your best creative content in order to captivate your audience.
The Power of Quality Content
Focusing on great content has several key benefits.
- Engages your audience – One of the key benefits of producing quality content is that you can use it to establish yourself as a thought leader and authority in your field. It also gives an insight into your values as a business. For example, if you’re promoting a hotel for Father’s Day and your content is of uncompromisingly high quality, it sends a message to your customers that you’re a reputable organisation.
- Satisfies the search engines – Search engines get smarter every day, and they are striving for the ultimate goal of promoting only the most relevant and highest quality content relating to a given search term. Focusing on producing high-quality content, rather than how you can game the system, will ensure that your pages continue to rank well even after the latest Google updates.
- More sharable – By producing high quality, original content, it is far more likely that people will share it with their friends and colleagues. This not only immediately gives you much higher readability, but also increases your chances of people linking back to the content, which in turn improves your search engine performance.
Key Considerations for Quality Content
Understanding that you need to produce quality content is one thing, but how do you actually go about doing it? Well, along with investing time, effort and practice into research, drafting and publishing, these are some important things to keep in mind:
- Multi-media – Content is no longer just words on a page, images and video have become far more important in recent years.
- Relevance – Producing quality content means understanding what your customers want to know, how they want to learn it and when they want to receive it.
- Originality – Copying other people’s content will not cut it. You need to take a different stance or go beyond what people have produced already.
- Quality, not quantity – Don’t worry about churning out loads of content, you’ll see more impact from one incredible piece of content that you will from 100 bad articles.
- Naturally written – Trying to game the search engines by cramming your pages with certain keywords leads to poorly written text. Focus on writing naturally and the search engines will reward you over time.
Producing quality content is hard, and that’s exactly why it makes (or breaks) marketing campaigns. If you’ve got the rest of a business to run as well, you might struggle to produce content that does your business justice; and if your marketing campaign falls through, it doesn’t matter how fantastic your product or how superb your customer feedback – your sales will drop significantly.
At AsOne, we have the ability to produce quality content for your business, with knowledgable experts either within our team or in our network of copywriters. We aim to work closely with our clients and foster long term relationships, allowing us to deeply understand the business and industry and therefore produce quality content. Contact us today on 0161 368 9100 or via the contact page on our website to discuss your business needs.
If you’re a business in the North East, you may be eligible for a funding grant of up to 40% against your next project with us, through the NEBSF program. We’ve seen clients through the process before and we’d be happy to help you through it too – just give us a call as soon as possible, as the fund is guaranteed only until the end of 2019.