Over the past decade the way businesses operate has changed and corporate events have become an increasingly significant part of working life. Due to flexible and remote working, it is more important than ever for teams to come together face to face to collaborate, and finding the right meeting venue is key to making your time together productive and enjoyable.
Further to this, in the information age creativity is not only encouraged, but a vital factor for success, and getting away from the office can really help to stimulate the mind.
By taking the time to understand these drivers, and connecting with the right business owners and leaders, hospitality managers are well placed to take advantage of this trend.
Digital Marketing for A Meeting Venue
Modern digital marketing offers several benefits over traditional marketing methods to help promote your venue. Using these techniques in parallel will help to increase the exposure of your venue online, and will ensure that you’re targeting precisely the right audience:
- Paid Ads for Local marketing – Optimising for local keywords in your paid ads will ensure you only target the most relevant potential customers, which increases your click-through rates and ROI.
- Social media – Sites like Facebook and Instagram can be a great way to show off your meeting venue with photos and videos. This is particularly true for the leisure spaces, where businesses will be looking to create an enjoyable and relaxing atmosphere for their teams. User-generated content via social media is also a very effective way to reach relevant potential customers. Does your social media strategy showcase the key differentiators for your venue?
- Email Marketing – To help generate repeat custom, it is useful to build up a database of email contacts for past and potential clients. This then gives you the option to notify them of upcoming deals, discounts or seasonal activities that might encourage them to make another booking. Are you capturing and harnessing the value of your customers’ email addresses?
- Feedback surveys – Further to using email lists as a direct sales channel, you can also use it to collect valuable information from your clients. Asking customers to periodically provide information about their experiences at your meeting venue, or their interest in MICE venues generally will give you an excellent insight into what your customers are looking for. How often are you listening to your audience today?
- Content marketing – Content marketing gives you a platform to show customers what is great about your meeting venue, but also a way to demonstrate your knowledge of their business. By showing empathy for the challenges of your clients, and presenting them with ways in which your venue can help, you build trust with your audience and increase the chances of them becoming repeat customers. How are you currently showcasing your expertise in this field?
Meeting Venue Marketing by AsOne
At AsOne we always bring a fresh approach and innovative thinking to our marketing campaigns. When marketing your meeting venue, you want to stand out from your competitors, and AsOne can help you achieve this by drawing on the best techniques from across the hospitality industry.
Through working with clients from a range of industries for over a decade, we have a unique insight as to what works and what doesn’t and we bring this body of knowledge to every project we undertake.
For more information on the best ways to market your meeting venue to businesses and increase your overall volume of MICE bookings, don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to one of our marketing experts.
For venues based in the North East, you may be eligible for a discount of up to 40% off your order as part of the NEBSF funding scheme which AsOne are proud to support.