Is it time to consider a Magento Migration? Over the past decade more and more businesses have shifted to using the internet as a key sales channel, opening online stores and selling their wares directly to the public.
For many of these businesses, the online shopping experience is not their unique selling point and their strengths lie in other areas of the business. In this instance, building out a bespoke shopping cart would be unnecessary given the large number and high quality off-the-shelf products that are available today.
For companies like manufacturers, owner operators or importers, a Magento migration could be the perfect step to take to give the online store a real boost.
Benefits of Magento
- Customisation – Magento is both highly flexible and customisable, meaning it can be tailored to meet your exact specifications. This is achieved through a vast array or configuration settings and a plethora of third party extensions. If these extensions don’t meet your requirements, you can also build bespoke add-ons and integrations.
- Integration – One of the things that separates Magento from other platforms is the ability to seamlessly integrate with other systems like payments, accounting or warehousing. Integration removes manual linkages from your processes and helps to ensure the smooth running of your business.
- Extremely scalable – Magento is designed to cope with large workloads, so you can be confident that it will scale securely as your business grows. This is true for the underlying infrastructure, meaning that in periods of high web traffic the platform does not falter. It is also true in terms of features and functionality, for example the support for multiple languages will be useful as you start to expand internationally.
- Mobile and search engine friendly – In this “mobile-first” world, more and more transactions are made through mobile handsets rather than desktop PCs. Magento is up to date with the latest requirements to ensure that it is fully functional on mobile. This also has a knock-on effect on SEO as search engines reward sites that are mobile friendly.
A Magento migration is just one of a handful of options that companies have when it comes to setting up an eCommerce business. Depending on the size and type of your business, you might be better placed exploring the alternatives, particularly if you have less complicated demands of the platform.
- OpenCart – OpenCart offers flexibility and scalability but at a slightly lower price point to Magento. It also comes with less in terms of third party extensions and customisations.
- WooCommerce – If you are looking for something robust and scalable with minimal cost to get started, the WooCommerce plug-in for WordPress is an excellent choice. This is a simple way to add shopping cart functionality to an existing site with lower hosting costs and more cost effective development costs when you want to upgrade, expand or introduce new functions.
The eCommerce Partner of Choice
At AsOne, we have in depth knowledge of the best eCommerce platforms and have been helping businesses get online for almost two decades. We recognise that for the vast majority of businesses, it makes little sense to build out a platform from scratch, and we would recommend using eCommerce functionality from someone like Magento, OpenCart or WooCommerce as outlined above.
We’ve helped clients with everything from simple shopping cart setup, through to complex integrations and customisations and have extensive knowledge of what works best in different scenarios.
If you’d like more information on how AsOne can help with your Magento Migration, or have general queries about which eCommerce platform might be best suited to your needs, don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to one of our experts.
This year we will be attending The Business Show at the Excel London on November the 14th and 15th. At the show our team of experts will be addressing all things eCommerce and giving you the chance to take advantage of some exclusive show offers on stand 1514. On top of teams attendance our very own Digital Director Joel Rush will be talking show attendees through ‘The Right eCommerce Solution & How To Choose It’ on Wednesday in Seminar Hall 4 at 16:15. To find out more about the show and how to book your FREE tickets visit their website. See you at the show!