From humble beginnings in a Harvard dorm room in 2003, Facebook has grown to become a global phenomenon, and one of Silicon Valley’s tech giants alongside the likes of Google and Apple.
Facebook currently has around 2 billion monthly active users, which equates to roughly a quarter of the world’s population! This makes your Facebook Marketing Strategy so important in your wider business strategy.
That staggering growth has created an incredible marketing opportunity for businesses to reach their target audience in a way that was previously unimaginable. Paid ads through Facebook leverage the personal information that people upload to their profiles to ensure that you speak directly to people that are most likely to have an interest in your products and services.
The Benefits of Implementing a Facebook Marketing Strategy
Facebook marketing offers several key benefits over other marketing channels, including:
- Cost Effective – Many of the features of Facebook are free to use and simply require an investment of time to make them a success. Paid ads through Facebook offer an excellent ROI due to the fact that you can be sure that you are targeting the right audience.
- Big Data – Paid advertising through Facebook gives you access to a vast array of demographic data, meaning that you can target your ads to incredibly niche audiences in a way that is virtually impossible on any other platform.
- Familiarity – As most people use Facebook on a fairly regular basis, it is a way to reach customers through a channel they are already using and familiar with.
- Informal conversations – Having a presence on Facebook can help to humanise your brand, enabling you to interact with your customers in an informal, conversational way.
- SEO – “Shares” and “likes” are now recognised as a ranking factor by search engines, meaning that promoting your content through social media will also improve your ranking.
- Community – Facebook allows you to create groups that your customers can join. Building a community of users creates social proof, which will help to improve the conversion rate on your ads.
Facebook Marketing Strategy Challenges
Marketing through Facebook isn’t without difficulty. To get the most from the platform and stay at the forefront of your customer’s minds you have to post new content regularly. Also if you decide to use Facebook as a two-way communication channel with your customers, you have to dedicate the time required to respond promptly, and for a small company, this can be a drain on resources.
Finding a Social Media Partner
If you’re serious about implementing a Facebook marketing strategy, partnering with an agency that has a proven track record in this area can dramatically accelerate your success.
At AsOne, we’ve built up extensive experience in social media, running campaigns for a number of our clients.
If you’d like more information on how a Facebook marketing strategy could help your business to grow, don’t hesitate to get in touch.