The landscape of marketing has changed dramatically over the past decade, with businesses now becoming increasingly reliant on digital marketing channels like social media, search engines and online ads. However, this technology does not change the fact that to catch the attention of your audience and potential customers, you need novel, creative marketing ideas.
Thinking strategically about your approach to marketing and consciously including more creativity can work wonders. Effective creative marketing can live on for years, with adverts and campaigns remembered long after their original release. For example:
- John Lewis – The Christmas advert has been redefined by the John Lewis, and it is now a fixture of the holiday period. People hotly anticipate the John Lewis Christmas ads each year and can recount many of the previous ones off hand.
- Honda – Wanting to be known as an innovative brand and a high-performance manufacturer, Honda launched a series of ads based on a “mousetrap-style” system of car parts. This creative approach is still remembered by many to this day.
- British Airways – BA used a billboard in London to point out actual planes flying overhead. This creative, innovative campaign captured the attention of their audience and has been widely shared. Check it out here if you haven’t seen it already.
Benefits of Creative Marketing
Making a deliberate decision to be creative about your choice of marketing activities can yield several distinct benefits to your business over more standard approaches including:
- Engages your audience – Creative marketing campaigns can capture the hearts of minds of your potential customers in ways that normal campaigns don’t. This can keep your business in their thoughts for longer and make them more likely to follow up with you to make a purchase.
- Sets you apart from competitors – Some industries have employed the same marketing techniques for a long time. This is especially true for well established, traditional industries. Thinking creatively about marketing gives you an opportunity to break out of the mould and do something different that sets you apart.
- Self-perpetuating – Demonstrating genuine creativity in your campaigns gives them a greater chance of being shared and passed on to other people. In the age of digital marketing, achieving “viral” status is something that people strive for, leveraging the free coverage that comes from an army of loyal fans and customers.
- Creates a legacy – As demonstrated by the brands above, creative marketing can live on well beyond the initial campaign, and create something of a halo around your brand. You become known as an innovative and interesting business and customers will continue to recall that perception long into the future.
With Father’s Day just a couple of weeks away, this could be an excellent opportunity for brands to experiment with novel, creative marketing concepts to surprise and delight new customers.
Creative Marketing; The AsOne Way
At AsOne we pride ourselves on our fresh approach and creative thinking. Our approach has always been to work in close partnership with our clients, getting to know the ins and outs of their business, before crafting bespoke, creative marketing strategies that help them achieve their goals.
For inspiration or more information on how to inject creativity into your marketing campaigns, don’t hesitate to get in touch and speak to one of our team. They’ll gladly walk you through the options and set you on a path that separates you from your competitors.
Businesses in the North East may also be eligible for up to 40% off as part of the NEBSF scheme.